Friday, September 14, 2007

Prayer and garlic

Well, tonight Tim is heading over to the coast to take the preliminary testing tomorrow required as part of his application to the Omak Police Department. He'll be coming home tomorrow evening. I am so excited/nervous for him! We're aware that chances are he won't get hired this first time around since we've been told it usually takes an average of 2 years of trying before getting hired as a policeman. Tim's prepared though and he's going in with an attitude that he will learn as much as he can so he'll know what to expect next time and what he may need to brush up on to get higher scores. We would so appreciate your prayers! He'll be taking another of the same test next weekend. That will take place here in Tonasket however and it's for the Tonasket Police Department.

Have you guys ever had baked garlic cloves? They are delicious! I had this for the first time a couple years ago at Tonasket's annual garlic festival. They are much more mild when baked vs. raw. I like to spread them on wheat crackers! Yum! You can also use them for garlic bread, season mashed potatoes, pep up mayonnaise, or stirred into sauces.

Baked Garlic Cloves

Large garlic bulbs, unpeeled
Olive oil

Trim the roots, but keep the bulbs unpeeled. Coat each bulb with 1 TB oil, wrap in foil, and bake at 300 degrees for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until cloves are easily pierced.

Cool, and separate cloves, Squeeze uplp out of skin, and store in a glass container. Cover with olive oil. Stored in the refrigerator, it will keep for several weeks.

Well, I am off to meet Dawndie and Alex at the Tonasket park!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I had no idea about Tim. Cool!

I looooove roasted garlic cloves. I can eat way too many of them :)

Marlene said...

Tim has my prayers! He told me the exam would be in the morning, so I'll pray especially hard at that time.
Love,
Grammy