Thursday, September 20, 2007

My tattoo

Here it is, folks!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Can you see the "T" and "L" in green?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I absolutely LOVE it! It's totally a Tim & I tattoo. Tim designed it (though the tattoo artist did get creative with the outline a bit), our initials are in the wings, and it has our wedding colors red and green. The brown could even correlate to the gold in our wedding. :) The placement is awesome because it's almost like they are my wings. See what I mean? More meaning behind that too.

When we first got there, the artist, Brett, laid out a couple ideas he had and helped us figure where to put the colors. He's been tattooing for 15 years. It took him an hour and a half to finish my tattoo. Yes, it did hurt. Similar to a bee sting, like Holly described it.

Tim took Cedric for a walk and later drove over to a park for a while until we were finished. I was relieved when it was done but it wasn't unbearable. You kind of tune it out after a while. You just got to remember to breath and keep your muscles relaxed. The artist said I "sat like a pro". :P Now it often feels like a bad sunburn.

3 comments:

Tim and Holly said...

Oh, Lin I love it!!! It turned out beautifully! I know what you mean about tuning out the pain. After a bit it's almost like you have to embrace it. I can't wait to see it in person. :D

Amber said...

LOVE IT!!!!! It turned out great!! I love the colors! I also love the puppy! He is so cute!! Can't wait to see you!

Marlene said...

It's beautiful, Lin! And how special is the fact that Tim designed it. I think I see the initials, but will have to see it in person to be sure.
Love,
Grammy