Saturday, December 8, 2007

Stuff

I am at work right now. It’s been slow for the past half hour, though this morning was pretty busy. Nothing I couldn’t handle on my own though.

Well our snow is still gone for the most part. It has been very cold and windy these last few days. It’s too cold to play outside for longer than 10 minutes at a time.

We have been keeping Cedric’s car seat turned around facing backward even though he’s over 1 year old. We were thinking of waiting until he was the 30 pounds allowed by the car seat, but since we’ve discovered that even Kadin is only 9 pounds beyond that, we’ll turn Cedric around in January. By then he’ll be 18 months. Goodness, he could be 3 years old before he’s 30 pounds! : P It’ll be nice to have him turned around. He’ll seem such a big boy then. : )

Tim and I are just not really Christmas people, at least the last several years. I used to be when I was a kid, but since then the Christmas spirit hasn’t been coming naturally. I will make myself decorate though, for the sake of tradition which nurtures a sense of family. I feel it’s part of my job description as home-maker. A home needs Christmas, needs celebration, especially of Christ and love and family. I bet I’ll get more into Christmas when Cedric is old enough to get excited over it. Tim feels that way too. We were discussing the other night how we want to celebrate Christmas in our new family. It’s so meaningful and awe-inspiring to plan and build traditions that will so affect our children and grandchildren. The Christmas pebbles we drop in the pond will send ripples throughout their lives.

2 comments:

Tim and Holly said...

Just something to keep in mind...I have memories of my very first Christmas - I wasn't even a year old yet but I remember that train we got and how "magic" it was. A warm house, sparkly lights, the smell of a cider scented candle, smiles, love, hushed voices speaking of fantastic stories, and you got Christmas. Just remember the magic you felt when you were young and pretend it's real again. Pretty soon you'll really have those excited flutters. :)
Love you!

Lindy said...

Ahh, you've inspired me. Seeing Christmas as a child makes all the difference. Thank you. :)