Thursday, December 20, 2007

Newsy stuff

Two days ago it snowed all day and we got about 6 inches of wet snow. The best kind for snowmen and snowball fights. Today it is 37 degrees though so it is quickly melting. It's still got a ways to go though. Hopefully it'll be around for Christmas.

Just a half hour ago our neighbor, Gene (a nurse at the hospital), came over with 2 plates of hot Christmas cookies. They are delicious, and I found the gesture so sweet since he's a middle-aged bachelor. Not really the baking type you'd think. :)

It was so funny the other day.... I've given Hemi a bath while I was taking a shower before, it seems the easiest way and I don't end up needing a shower when I'm done. :) Well, I was taking a shower and Cedric and Hemi were hanging out in the bathroom with me, and Hemi jumps in the shower and works his way to the middle of the downpour and stays there, licking his lips and obviously enjoying himself. He eventually jumped out again, but only after he was completely soaked. It was so silly! I've never known a dog who likes the shower so much that he actually chooses to get in on his own accord.

I found the most delicious and natural/non-candle way to make the whole house smell like Christmas!

2 juicy oranges
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cloves

Quarter the oranges and place all ingredients in a saucepan and covered with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. When the water runs out, just add more. They say this mixture can last about 2 days. Enjoy!

No comments: