Monday, December 3, 2007

It's been a while!

We had a great Thanksgiving with Mom, Dad, Amber, Josh, Kadin, and Easton! The dinner was delicious and we had such a good time. It was so special to have a bunch of little ones to slow us down and make it hard to carry a conversation. : ) Forget about annoyance, it lasts for such a short amount of time, and their presence is absolutely something to thank God for. Last Thanksgiving, Cedric was only 4 months old, so this was really the first that he could participate in.

I also enjoyed having Amber, Kadin, and Easton up this week. I spent the afternoons up on the hill with them on Wednesday and Thursday, and then they came and spent the afternoon with me on Friday. Amber and I have been able to get a lot of visiting in, and I’ve had lots of fun playing and bonding with the boys.

Cedric did the most disgusting thing the other day. I was holding him on my hip while talking with Mom, and he picked his nose and reached over to put it in MY MOUTH! It totally took me by surprise! Where the heck did he get that idea?! That was my first truly shocking and disgusting "mother moment." : )

We now have our quarter beef safely in our chest freezer. It is so weird, I never expected it would effect me this way, but somehow it makes me feel like I truly have my own, complete household now. It’s a sense of permanence and provision. I am now a grown-up woman; I have a chest freezer full of home-grown beef. : )

When Cedric is full and done eating, he has taken to putting his food down the front of his shirt. This usually happens at dinner when he sits longer in the high chair than usual while Tim and I talk and eat. It’s so funny and cute, but I know we must get serious about putting our foots down about it. Oh, but I will remember and savor the cuteness of such acts because I know that it won’t be cute for long!

Here are some pictures of the boys playing in the snow at our house. : )






No comments: