Monday, December 31, 2007

New Years Eve

I am home with Cedric tonight, and Tim is at Pete's house (a late 30s, co-leader with Tim at the youth group) and his family, Aaron (youth pastor), and who knows who else to celebrate New Years. It didn't bother me at all staying home this year. Due to the circumstances, I'd rather sleep anyway, no matter how much fun it would have been to go. :)

Today I had my first brush with morning sickness. Of course it wasn't sickness in the morning. I felt queasy throughout the day, and tonight I was making sirloin steak for a special dinner, but it just did not sound good. Steak rarely sounded good when I was pregnant with Cedric either. Other times, though, I always love steak! So it begins. I have a much better attitude about it this time, and thank God I am not working full time in a cold working environment. For the record, being nauseous and cold at the same time for long periods of time is the worst.

Tim got me a treadmill for Christmas! I have been wanting one for a long time, and now I can stay in great shape for this pregnancy. Because I was working full time during the last pregnancy, I rarely felt up to working out when I got home. Since my current occupation is not as physically intense as working at Havillah Road or an espresso stand was, I plan to be in good shape throughout this pregnancy. I gained 70 pounds with Cedric, and I am determined not to do that again!

Well, I'm off to read a good book and be asleep by midnight. :) Now if those darned fireworks will not wake Cedric up everything will be just dandy.

No comments: