Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Weekend at the Hollenbecks

We had a good time this last weekend. On Friday night Cedric and I drove with Mom to Josh & Amber’s new house. It was a good drive. Cedric slept the whole way for the first time. That was a relief. : )

I really love the neighborhood that they are in now. What a cool world it is there on base. You wouldn’t ever have to leave the base if you didn’t want to. Most everything you need is right there. Nothing seems cramped and there are plenty of lawns and trees everywhere. I think it would be so nice to have basically every house in the neighborhood the home to someone who would be in your social group, whether young marrieds or young parents. Very cool. Their house is beautiful too. I love the setup.

Kadin does so well with Cedric. Much more patient than I would expect from a young boy. : ) He was so good about keeping a protective eye out for Cedric, even whisking him away from potential dangers before we had a chance. Thank you, Kadin!

Easton is so cute. I love his little halfmoon smile. It’s not often that a baby will smile at me every time but this little guy does. I love it. : )

Tim joined us on Sunday morning and Mom left later that afternoon. It was so fun to stay up late that night with Josh and Amber talking and laughing. Just like old times. : )

Next day we shopped at Wal-Mart, using our 10% employee discount, and ate out at McDonalds where Cedric got his first Happy Meal. McNuggets, milk, and apple dippers, plus a super hero toy. It was so weird to say with our order, “…and a Happy Meal.” : )

Then, because I had been wanting to for so long, we stopped by Starbucks. Yummy! I got a iced caramel machiato. Very, very good. I can’t wait for the Starbucks to go in in Omak.

Tim and I left Monday afternoon. We took Cedric along with us too of course. : ) It was a very good drive. We made it home with only one 60-second stop for me to find the sippy cup and switch to the back seat. Cedric did so well! I think we’re over the hump of the long-drives-with-Cedric-whoas. I guess we need another one to keep things exciting. : )

Here is a short video I took of Easton and Cedric with Nammy. I thought it was cute enough to send along.

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o121/fighterflyy/Ced%20Video/?action=view&current=CedricEastonNammy8-07.flv

What a great weekend.

2 comments:

Becki said...

Cedric had the most determined, and most crazed look on his face when he was reaching for the camera.....I laughed so hard. What a cutie! I love the way he snuggles up to Nammy :-)

Tim and Holly said...

Ah, I miss the little guys. They interact so cute with each other. :)