Sunday, August 5, 2007

The bee sting

Cedric got his first bee sting yesterday. : ( He and I were up at Mom and Dad’s place spending the day with Mom (it was Dad’s “Friday”). The three of us had taken a long walk up past the Lone Pine and all the way to Rainy’s far gate. On our way back I put the tired little guy in the sling on my back. When we were almost back to the house a bee stung him behind and below his right ear on his tender little neck! The poor guy. He was a trooper though and didn’t cry more than a couple minutes. :-/

His body seemed to handle the sting well because it never got any worse than a small swollen white bump with a red dot in the middle. A little baking soda seemed to do the trick and it was nothing more than a red dot by bedtime. I’m glad he doesn’t have his daddy’s response to bug bites. Tim will swell up pretty good just from mosquito bites. His bee stings are quite a sight. At least we now know that Cedric is not allergic to bees.

1 comment:

Tim and Holly said...

Ow. Poor guy. I'm glad he isn't allergic though...I bet you guys were watching him like a hawk until you saw he was handling it well! :) Give him a kiss from me.