Thursday, January 10, 2008

My first prenatal appointment

My first prenatal appointment went really well today. The doctor said my due date is August 30, as opposed to August 28 like most of the internet sites say. At least I'm still due at the "end of August." :)

We spent a lot of the time visiting. I really do like her as a person and a doctor. We talked about midwives, and she said that she would really like to do that someday. She has talked to the midwife I've heard of in the area, and she said she believes that she is a good one because they've never had any emergencies with her clients. She commented that it's a good midwife if the hospital doesn't know much about her. :)

I think if we are still in the area when the baby comes, that I will stay with Dr. Bolz. The reason is she said that we'll make it as close to a homebirth as possible. She'll give me her cell phone #, and I can call her when I feel like pushing and she'll meet us at the hospital. She only lives a couple blocks away and we're within 5 minutes of the hospital. She even offered to stop by to check in on us while we're laboring at home. Then she said that since I'm not a new mom that she wouldn't mind if we leave the hospital whenever we want, even within a couple hours a birth. Yes! This is exactly what I want! Besides a full homebirth, that is. :) But at least I already know Dr. Bolz and she knows me. Plus it'll put Tim's mind at ease and we wouldn't have to worry about insurance.

3 comments:

Becki said...

Only a small town doctor would give out her cell phone number, lol. She sounds very nice :-) Does she need a nurse at her office?

Kristi said...

Wow Lin, that sounds like a very workable solution! Awesome.

Can I just say it would be too cool if one of my second cousins was born on my birthday? :)

Tim and Holly said...

Yay, she sure has done a switch-a-roo from last time. I'm so glad. :)