Saturday, December 13, 2008

Lots of snow!

Six inches of snow has fallen here since yesterday morning. Cedric is having a great time playing out there. He spent a half hour out there this morning playing while Tim shoveled snow and came in with some slight frostbite on his cheeks. He didn't complain about it though and it cleared up within an hour.

Cienna is majorly teething this last week. There have been some days that I ended up using at least a dozen bibs on her. Poor girl.

I really like the idea of sharing my to-do list for the day so here is mine. I hardly ever get to complete the list every day and often complete just half a task at a time... My list is usually extra long because I never know which tasks will actually fit into the day. That has been one of the biggest adjustments of being a mom. My mind has to change subjects and tasks very quickly, which has been rather annoying. Anyway here it is (doesn't include any of the child tasks of course :):

Clean bathroom
Change bed sheets
2nd draft of Christmas letter
Balance checkbook
Wrap some more Christmas gifts
Exercise
Pet Hemi for at least 5 minutes (I have to schedule this :)
Sweep kitchen
Dishes

We decorated for Christmas last weekend. Here are a couple pictures of the kids decorating:


Cienna reaching for an ornament that she later got to put on the tree (with Daddy's help of course).

Cedric holding a 50-year-old ornament that came from my Dad's side of the family.

Cienna and Daddy admiring the tree.

Cedric and his "camera smile". He's not very good at making it look natural yet. :)

Here's a better smile!
Here are a series of pictures that we took of Cienna last week in her church dress. I love the pictures so I posted all of them.







We are gathering information for our adoption application, which we will be sending out next week. We have heard the call to adopt for over 2 years and feel God prompting us to begin now. For sure, this is a "stepping out of the boat" experience. We don't have any sort of "floatation device", but we are confident of God's call and will trust His provision. One of my favorite qutoes is, "God will often call you to do something that without Him you can not and without you He will not." We are going to be adopting an infant from Ethiopia through Holt International.

2 comments:

DARALYN said...

Cienna looks like a doll in her new dress! Beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, the wonder of Christmas. A couple of those pictures went on my screen saver, one of Cienna in her beautiful dress and the one of Cedric holding the 50-year-old ornament. Little did his Great-Grandpa Cedric and I realize they would still be enjoyed by our Great-Grandchildren when we bought them.
Love,
Grammy