Monday, December 15, 2008

December Day

It has been 10 degrees or less for the last few days, and we have about 8 inches of snow now with drifts. When Winter decided to come, it really came. I'm not looking forward to seeing htis month's heating bill....

Hemi has been staying inside most of the time now because of the cold. He had been banished outside this summer because he kept going potty in the house, but luckily (for him) he hasn't had any accidents so far....

About a week or so ago, Cienna began rolling over from her tummy to her back. She also loves to blow bubbles. She often ends up with a little foam goatee. This new past time combined with teething has got us going through bibs like crazy. She's not happy leaning back on things anymore, she's got to be sitting up. And she's discovered rattles and her toes. Poor girl has been really teething hard this week. She's not a happy camper.

I looked around online for ideas of things to do with Cedric to keep him busy this winter, and I found this web page that has a bunch of great "Rainy Day Activites for Toddlers" that just use things around the house and that you can do with only 1 toddler (my situation).(http://fun.familyeducation.com/hobbies-and-interests/games/33380.html I've been trying to do at least one a day with him. He has a tendency to get pretty destructive (not breaking, just moving and emptying everything) when he's bored.


Here is a picture I took just today. I love it....



Cedric and Cienna took a bath together for the first time a few days ago.



This is my favorite.



Watching the rubber ducky.



Look at all those rolls on that chubby baby!

He wasn't actually sticking out his tongue.... I caught it at the perfect second!

1 comment:

DARALYN said...

I grew chubby babies myself but it never ceases to amaze me at how chubby a baby can get on breast milk!! Cedric is a good big brother and, luckily, gentle with Cienna :) Love you guys!