Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Day Before Thanksgiving

Cedric is sleeping in his toddler bed now. It wasn’t too hard to switch him over really. But it’s pretty neat that he’s had another “graduation”. Now the crib is freed up for Cienna. I think it’ll be a while until we switch her over though. There’s really no hurry to move her out of the co-sleeper by our bed as long as she’s happy in it.

I’ve long enjoyed to crochet but never got to do much of it; however, I recently found a ministry that ships homemade afgans to orphanages in 20 different countries. They send you a pattern to follow and you get to pick the colors. When I finish the afgan(s), I’ll send it to the ministry headquarters and they’ll ship it off in a backpack filled also with a teddy bear and school supplies. I’ve begun my first afgan, and it’s really satisfying knowing that I’m creating something that will bring comfort to an orphan. For more info about it, check out this blog about the Jabez Blanket Ministry: http://week2week.wordpress.com/2008/10/17/what-can-one-person-do/ I'll post a picture of the afgan when I'm finished.

Cienna has not been sleeping well during the day since she’s begun teething. I’m having a hard time getting anything done. She does well in the sling but it’s difficult to bend over with her strapped to my front, and she doesn’t do well on my back yet because she keeps losing her binki. It’s surprising how much work around the house includes bending over….

Cedric is such a goof.






I love this picture of them together. Cedric really does love his little sister. He loves to lean in to coo and smile at her, calling her "baby girl" and "sweetie" and in a sing song voice.




This first video is of Cienna “talking”. She is really reactive to someone looking in her face and talking, she’ll start talking right back.




This next one show’s a quick smile and more “talking” from Cienna and a big one from Cedric.

3 comments:

Tim and Holly said...

They are SO CUTE. I watched them over and over. Cedric talks adorably. :D "Pumpkin seeds, yes." lol!

DARALYN said...

I loved the videos and stories. Cienna really is adamant when she talks!!

Deanne said...

Both of your little ones are just too cute! How fun to see Cienna talking to her Daddy and Mamma. Cedric is obviously so involved and so animated..and so sweet!