Thursday, November 15, 2007

Random thoughts and happenings

Man, belly dancing is hard! Now, I’m good at patting my head and rubbing my tummy at the same time but try shaking your shoulders at a rate of about 2 beats per second while making your hips go in a big circle at a rate of about 1 every 2 seconds! Oh my goodness, I cannot describe how rediculous I look! I dare you to try it sometime. :P

I’ve finally gotten Tim hooked on going to espresso stands! He’s moved beyond flavored steamers and now loves chocolate Chai tea. Yay! : ) He is now much more likely to splurge when we’re running errands or just surprise me with a drink on his way home from work. It’s great.

Cedric realized yesterday that he had trucks on his shirt. Out of no where he was looking down at his shirt and saying “kuck, kuck”, which of course means “truck”. Here’s a couple pics of his discovery:



Oh! And on Tuesday he went potty in the toilet for the first time!!! Over the last five days or so he’ll grab his diaper and say something, and I’d ask him if he needed to go potty. That would send him off running to get his stool and he’d set it in front of the toilet. I’d take down his pants and just let him stand there for a couple minutes. Nothing ever happened until Tim was helping him on Tuesday night and he went! We were so proud. : ) I’m sure he’s a long way off from being potty trained but it’s a great start.

Tim must have a magic touch with Cedric because he was the one to teach Cedric to crawl, to walk, and now to go in the toilet. : ) I love it. Absolutely love it.

Here is Cedric playing in his first pile of leaves today:


I've been waiting for this day. Cedric can now sing! On our closet doors we have a poster of the Dukes of Hazzard's General Lee and also a poster of a guitar. Every morning Cedric must be picked up to see the posters, saying "caaarrr" (with a growly voice) and "daddy", pointing to both posters. Tim often plays his guitar at least a couple times a week for Cedric, and I commented this morning when Cedric was admiring the guitar poster about singing and dancing when Daddy plays. Well he started belting out "Doooh, dooooh, DOOOOHHH, whoa, wow, wooow, wob, dooohh, doooooooohhh!" He sang like that for a minute and has been doing the same off and on all day whenever we bring up singing. This is one of the sweetest landmarks to me. Yes, better than going potty in the toilet. It's the most precious thing.

1 comment:

Amber said...

That is so awsome about the singing and the toilet!!Wow!!
I am not even going to atempt the bellydancing thing. :) How funny!! Good luck and give Cedric a big hug and kiss form us. Love you!