Monday, October 22, 2007

Exhausted on Monday

Goodness, it was another long night. Around midnight Cedric woke up obviously not feeling well. He was up off and on for a cumulative total of about 4 hours, often crying inconsolably. We thought perhaps it was his teeth because he has 4 coming in all at the same time or maybe he had a tummy ache because of how he was moving or maybe growing pains, but finally at around 5am he threw up everything in his stomach. He felt sooo much better! After we got him and I changed, he quickly fell asleep and slept contentedly until 8:30.

It was so nice to have Tim here for this episode of sickness. He helped so much, even getting in the bathtub with Cedric for a while. He was as big a support for me as he was a help with Cedric. :) Tim got up with Cedric this morning and let me sleep in. Cedric is doing great this morning, playing and dancing with Daddy. He is sleepy still but in much better spirits. I think he must have gotten this flu in church nursery yesterday.... that puts the incubation period for Tim and I sometime from now through the afternoon. 8-/ We'll see.

Tim and I are enjoy our comfy new mattress. It is longer than our old one too, so our toes aren't hanging over the edge so bad anymore.

I was going to work a 6-hour shift at Havillah Road today to brush up on various new things going on there, but that's been postponed until next Monday due to Cedric's flu. I think I might work several Mondays, in addition to the regular Saturdays, over this holiday season. They need the extra help and we could use the extra paycheck.

When Mom starts her new reduced-hours work schedule sometime this next month, she has agreed to come down 1 day a week to watch Cedric while I work on school. I am a ways behind still, and the 1-1/2 to 2 hour bits of time I get to work on it when Tim gets home from work is not enough. I should be able to catch up easily with an added 4 to 6 hour study time once a week.

I have a dentist appointment coming up this week. I hate to admit that it has been at least 3 years since I've been to the dentist. Luckily, none of my teeth are bothering me. And amazingly, I have all 4 wisdom teeth fully in with no pain. I think someday I would like to have them out anyway.... just so they don't end up making my teeth all crooked in the front, but that might have to wait for better dental insurance.

Cedric was fascinated by Mom's fake nails. I like how they look, if I had an extra $40 a month I would love to have my nails done all the time. :)

2 comments:

DARALYN said...

Lets say "nail extensions", not "fake nails"! :P

Amber said...

thats to bad he got sick. Its weird that our kids seem to get sick around the same time.:) Glad he feels better. And thank God for Tim!!! What a good guy! :)