Saturday, May 17, 2008

Update

Baby has been really active this week. A few nights ago I felt it hiccuping for the first time. I am getting so big. 8-) I'm feeling good though. Just 15 weeks or so to go.

There are some big black beetles around our place that Cedric has found fascinating. One of the first ones he found, he got down on his tummy and forearms with the beetle right below his nose and leaned down as close as he could to "hug" it. It was so sweet. Here are a series of pictures of him chasing and capturing one:







It has been hot the last couple days. It got up to 92 degrees yesterday. I finally had to turn on the AC for a bit last night.

There has been two recent nights that Cedric actually declined nursing to go to sleep. He just wanted to lay on the couch with me for a while and then accepted when I offered to bring him to his crib where he fell sleep. He's getting big enough where I think it's more comfortable for him to fall sleep in the crib than in my arms, so he's been doing that frequently, though he often needs to cuddle for a while first. It's so satisfying to see him naturally weaning himself away from not only nursing but also the need to be in our arms to fall asleep.

2 comments:

DARALYN said...

I love how he loves bugs having grown up around them in his garden yard :)

~Gramma (Nammy)

Deanne said...

Hmmmm...reminds me of a little blond girl who always had a slug stashed away in her pocket. Beetles...slugs, not much difference to me. :-)