Saturday, May 31, 2008

Last Saturday of May

I am at work today. Today is Founder’s Day in Tonasket, and their having their annual Founder’s Day Parade. I am so jealous! It’s beautiful weather outside. I’m so glad that Tim and Cedric will be enjoying it. They’ll have fun.

Cedric has taken to saying “hi” in the sweetest voice to almost anything. He’ll cock his head and wave and croon “hiiiii” in a high-pitched voice, sometimes accompanied by a hug and kiss. Some of the funniest things he’s said hi to has been my armpit (Seriously, he’d ask me to raise my arm and after he’d waved and said ‘hi’ he’d tickle me. It was adorable.), some calking he pulled off the bathtub (This got a hug and a kiss too), and his own pee. Yes, pee. He was playing naked in our yard the other day, and he wee’d in the grass, after which he waved and said “hiiii!” I tell ya, there’s not much cuter than that. : )

Every time Cedric gets an owy, or “bonk”, he needs a kiss, of course. He’s such a sweet boy (or else confused…) that, after he’s gotten his own kiss from me or daddy, he’ll return to the object on which he bonked himself and kiss it. That’s included things like the dryer vent and his trike and Hemi, our dog. He keeps me giggling all day.

Cedric has a love-hate relationship with our riding lawn mower. He adores sitting on it when it’s parked but is terrified of it when it’s running. He asks his daddy to get the keys and turn on the “mow-loan” every day (with a sweet voice, cocked head, and a “pease?”), but the moment Tim brings out the keys and head for the lawn mower while Ced’s out there with the lawn mower, he gets so worked up! He’s done well riding on Tim’s lap before and riding in the trailer with his papa, but he must have been traumatized by it. So we’re warming up to it from inside the living room window or while in someone’s arms. Silly guy. He’ll get there. He’s just a tiny guy still. I love how he calls it “mow-loan”.

While playing with Hemi the other day Cedric got his first nose bleed. Hemi had been racing around the house and must have jumped off the couch right into Cedric’s nose. It was just a tiny bleed, but it was a milestone. : )

Sorry all you’re getting are stories about Cedric lately. Not much else has been going on. Pretty average days for both Tim and I waiting while this new baby grows. : )

2 comments:

Tim and Holly said...

I love these stories of Cedric!! It's so much fun to share the cute everyday little things he does. :) Keep 'em coming!

Amber said...

I agree with holly. I love the stories. Kids are so cute!! I love that he is in that stage of saying hi to everything. How cute!! Keep the stories coming, we love them!:)