Friday, March 28, 2008

Week after Easter

I started feeling the baby kick the day after Easter. :) Not much yet, but definitely feeling it. This one is sitting differently in my tummy than Cedric was. Cedric's heartbeat was always very easy to find and very loud, but this one is quiet and takes the doctor a while to find it. I love noticing the differences between this child and Cedric.

Cedric and I caught that cold going around. Cedric has only had 1 bad night and is pretty much over it, but I'm still suffering from stuffy nose, sore throat, and headache. My nausea is much worse as well. Colds just don't go well with my bout of morning sickness. 8-/

Last night we went out to dinner with Aaron and Leann (our friends and youth pastor at church) at Hometown Pizza in Oroville. It was a lot of fun. I was feeling a lot better than I expected to, but on our way home I started to get nauseous. By the time we got home, I went straight from the car to the toilet and threw up all my delicious (well, formerly delicious :) dinner. At least I don't have to worry about the calories from the cheesecake slice Leann and I shared. :)

After we got Cedric in bed, Aaron came over to watch I Am Legend with Tim. Leann didn't want to see it, and I was planning on going to bed on time anyway, but I ended staying up and watching it with the guys. It's a good movie though they could have done so much more with it! Fun to fill in the blanks though.

Tim's first day at his new position starts tonight at 10pm. He's trying to sleep right now (4:30) and I think he's succeeding. He's looking forward to starting and knows all his co-workers already. Well, he basically knows everybody who works at Wal-Mart. I'm glad that this job change won't be as stressful as job changes usually are when switching to a whole new environment.

I am so excited for Josh and Amber and the new little one on the way! What a wonderful surprise! Surprises are so great. :D It's so neat to think that all 3 junior "Hollenbeck" families are having babies this year. Holy smokes!

Here is a series of pictures I took of Cedric the other day. You can see remnants of a nasty "bonk" he got on his forhead last week.






Cedric is officially attached to "baby". She must sleep in the crib with him, ride in the car, and cuddle under his arm while he nurses. It's rather cute he's chosen a baby doll, and in pink at that. "Baby" may need stay in the car when we go in public as he gets older. :)




Cedric has a little corner of the yard for a dirt pit. Here's a view of it from the front porch. See him back there behind the shed?


He digs with his little shovel filling up his Tonka truck, plays with his matchbox cars, and sits in the dirt for hours. I am so thankful that we have this space for him. He looks so happy when he's dirty. :)


3 comments:

DARALYN said...

I think developing Cedric's nurturing ability with a doll is great. Josh had a baby doll when he was Cedric's age that I encouraged him to play with... He's an attached nurturing dad now :}

Amber said...

That is so cute about the baby doll. what does Tim think about it? :) You will have to let us know how the new position went. Love ya!

Deanne said...

It is nice to go out with friends, but it was too bad that you lost your dinner so soon afterwards!
:-} Seeing the pictures of Cedric reminded me of Nate playing in our backyard before Brynnie arrived. He, too, would play for hours with his tonka trucks and matchbox cars. He was always so good at entertaining himself, and then he made such a good switch to playing with Brynne within months of her arrival...I am betting that Cedric will be a wonderful big brother, too. By the way, I really appreciate your blog notice!