Monday, January 12, 2009

Young Soul

While I was changing Cedric’s diaper yesterday, he said, “This is God’s house. God loves me. God always with me. Jesus carry my owies.” I had never described Jesus as “carrying his owies”…. Isn’t it amazing what he comes up with? I have prayed that God would plant seeds of truth in his young and receptive soul. I bet some of these amazing statements of truth are direct answers to my prayers.

Today Cedric told me that he “can’t find Jesus.” I tried to explain to him why we can’t see Jesus but that he truly is always beside us. How the heck do you explain that to a 2-year-old? I just pray that the Holy Spirit will make it clear to him. I have to keep reminding myself that children are prone to faith and don't need the in depth explanations more mature people need for it to make sense. In other words, believing that Jesus is always with him even though he can’t see Him may not really be questioned, at least not like an adult would when confronted with that mystery for the first time. Cedric then told me that “God make me sad.” because he can’t see Him. He said that he wants to drive to Jesus’ house to see Him and hug Him. Oh, what sweetness.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Wow! How sweet!! It is amazing what they come up with and how much they really do know. Love it! Give him hugs for me.