Friday, September 12, 2008

Update

Cienna had her 2-week appointment on Wednesday and all is well. She had grown an inch and gained nearly 2 pounds to weigh 9 pounds 8 ounces! She was 7 pounds 12 ounces at birth. She's a great nurser, needless to say. :)

Monday evening was momentous for us. Tim helped Cedric go potty in his potty chair for the first time, while I was changing Cienna and discovered her umbilical cord had fallen off. Such milestones. Tim and I have such fun with these things. :)

Here are some of my favorite pictures we've taken recently:







It has been tough adjusting to 2 children. I feel bad not being able to give 100% of my attention to either of them. Oh, sometimes I can, but not like I want to. I know it's how God designed the family and that it teaches children that they are not the center of the universe (a valuable lesson). But it hurts to see Cedric struggling with it and to have to leave Cienna to cry once in a while. I don't want either of them to be lonely and feel insecure. I guess pain is what causes growth, and I need to let Cedric feel it. Change is never easy but it is good. Especially this kind of change.

5 comments:

Tim N. said...

I love those pics! :D So cute. Thanks for posting them. I can imagine what you are feeling about not giving Ced the attention he is used to and not giving Cienna the attention you want. That would be tough. Like you said though, it is all good for them...and you! :)
Love you.

Anonymous said...

How precious those little ones are. Thanks for putting them online. Cedric looks like he dearly loves his little sister - even though it's difficult not to be the one and only.
Love, Grammy

Amber Howard said...

Oh! My niece is SO GORGEOUS! Cedric and her certainly are on opposite spectrums; Cedric all light and Cienna all dark. And I know it feels bad-awkward, and kinda weird to not give that individual attention to each of your "babies" but remember your love isn't singular, it is multiplied many times over and that only means you have more love to give; don't worry both of your babies will feel it. ; )

Kristi said...

I really want to hold that baby of yours Lin! She's growing great too... wow.

Going from one to two was really hard for us too, so I can absolutely relate to how you are feeling! It does get easier as everyone falls into a routine and a new way of life. I shed many a tear over how my little boy must be feeling, but like you said, it all works together for good.

Oh, and just so you know, two to three wasn't hard in that way at all. I think after we get through the "how can I do this with two kids!" stage the first time, its much easier for subsequent kiddies :)

Amber said...

How cute!!!! Cedric looks like he is handling having new little one in the house well. I can't wait to see and hold Cienna. See you soon. Love you!!