Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Things that have been going on lately....

The 2nd was Tim's and my 3rd anniversary. It's crazy to think that we've been together for more than 6 years now. It doesn't seem that long.

To celebrate we went out to dinner this last Sunday night at Diamond's Steakhouse in Osoyoos, BC. It's my favorite restaurant by far and the nicest one I've ever been to besides Benihana's (at least that I can remember). Very gourmet and expensive. :) I had the chicken peppercorn (a tradition since we ate there the night Tim proposed) and Tim had a 10 oz. filet mignon steak. Delicious and so romantic. Tim had bought me a dress to wear, which looked great. It fell just below the knee and tied right above my growing belly, showing it off nicely. It was sleeveless with a black and white floral pattern. I wish we had gotten a picture of us together! Tim dressed to match so I thought we looked pretty spiffy. :) Afterwards we went to Dairy Queen for dessert. That's another tradition whenever we eat at Diamonds since the night Tim proposed. :) It was a fun evening.

Thank you again to Mom for watching Cedric! :X

I have been pretty nauseous the last few days, which has been corresponding with an increase in feeling the baby move and kick. Something hormonal is going on. My stretching belly is starting to itch too. :)

Cedric is nearly weaning himself. I was kind of expecting this drop in nursing frequency because of the switch to colostrum. I guess toddlers often don't like the taste so pull back drastically from nursing while their mama is pregnant. It's not unheard of for the toddler to stop nursing altogether but then to start back up again after the real milk comes in once more after the new baby arrives. Cedric can go all day now without nursing but still requests "nani" a couple times a night. His new favorite drink is apple juice (watered down, but he doesn't know that :). He can say "apple juice" so well! One of his several newly acquired double words. :)

A thought for the day:




No comments: