Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cian's arrival and other things...

It was so wonderful being there when Cian Timothy Nelson was born. I will treasure that experience always. Cian is such a handsome, healthy boy! I think he has Holly's eyes and Tim's nose and mouth, and it's great to finally have a dark-haired baby among the "Hollenbeck" cousins. Four boys (so far)... what adventures they (and we) will have! :)

I loved watching a midwife at work. She was so calm, respectful, confident, and encouraging, and you could tell that her heart is in what she does. It was empowering to watch Holly successfully fulfill her dream of laboring and birthing peacefully and naturally.

My favorite moment after Cian was born was when, as Holly held him, Cian looked up and stared wide-eyed and intently at Holly's face for a good long minute, just absorbing his mama, this woman who's voice he knows so well. It was beautiful.



Of course, I am now more anxious than ever to have this baby. I feel so much bigger and heavier with this one than I did with Cedric. Everything is a big effort. There are so many things that I want to get cleaned or accomplished before this little one arrives, but my belly and swelling ankles won't allow it. I guess it's just time to take it easy and wait. Probably just another week or two.

Tim finished another refinishing project. Here is the "before" picture (without the drawers):


And here are the "after" pictures. Light green is the main color for our nursery:




Isn't that a great paint job, especially for a child's room??? I love it. Tim plans to eventually refinish that little 3-drawer dresser next to the big one. He'll stain it the same shade as the first dresser and use the same hardware. We'll eventually have a whole set of matching furniture for the kids' room!

2 comments:

Deanne said...

Lindy, I loved hearing about Cian's birth from your perspective! I can't wait to hear more details and we LOVE the pictures that you folks have sent.

I think that Tim did a fantastic job on the dresser...it looks too cool and must be a fine addition to your nursery. Of course, Cedric standing there ready to help with the refinishing was as hansom as always! I can't wait for you to have your little one out of the belly and into your arms! You are in our thoughts and prayers...always.

Love you all, Aunt Deanne

Anonymous said...

Tim did a beautiful job on that dresser! I really like the two-color idea. The little one you mention that he will eventually refinish looks very familiar. Am anxious to see what he does with it.
Love,
Grammy